There will be SIX Categories within the event, that can be entered – at least three places per category – but dependent on the number of entries, allowing for two Highly Commended or Up & Coming places.
2. Wide angle
3. Portfolio- max 5 images
4. Free dive category
6. Coastal Topside
There will be two main prizes – selected by the Judges overall and also by the People.
1. Best of Show
2. People’s Choice
There are some ground rules….
Must have been taken in the month of August, digital only, must have time and date in file name.
Must be own work.
The boundary area for taking photos is from the Ngunguru Community Hall, to the toilets in Sandy Bay. Off shore includes North Reef, Lizzy Reef, and Poor Knights Islands.
Caption and description to accompany each entry, as well as Camera make and model included in the file name.
One entry per category.
Deadline 12pm on the 28th August.
Winners announced on 30th Beer Fest night.
August 1st – Competition Opens
August 28th noon – Entries close – Judging commences
August 29th noon – Judging finishes
August 29th – People’s Choice opens – including digital display at venues for the evening.
August 30th 6pm – Winners announced.
Images will remain the property of the photographer, but may be used for promotional purposes. The entries will be posted on Facebook.
1. Images should be in good taste with respect for the environment (no harming of wildlife).
2. Images must be taken underwater (either fully or at least partially submerged) with a digital camera, except in the Coastal Topside section.
3. Images with watermarks cannot be judged. Remember that the judges are judging blind so putting your name on an image effectively disqualifies you.
4. You must own the copyright and must have taken the image you submit.
5. You may edit or enhance your images with a view to improving their quality while maintaining a natural appeal; any manipulation should be noted in your comments.
6. Uploaded photos should be of highest quality minimum 1024 pixels in the longest dimension. Larger images will be resized and we recommend keeping file sizes less than 1.5MB to reduce problems when uploading. For winning images we may request a higher quality version for print.
7. We have the right to request the RAW / unedited image if required.
8. If you have any queries or need to alter an entry, email email@example.com
9. You can upload a maximum of one photo per Category, but you may enter every Category. The Portfolio Category can have up to a maximum of 5 images in its category.
10. Please complete your contact details accurately so we may contact you if you win.
11. Permission to publish your entry on the Tutukaka Coast Promotions website and Facebook page in relation to the competition is assumed but no entry will be sold or used for purposes outside of the competition and its future promotion without the express permission of the entrant.
12. Entry fee is $10 per entry, payable to TCP, with reference to category entry and photographer’s name.
There is a Tab that will open from the 1st of August and you can upload to enter whenever you like.